Monday, February 27, 2006

My weekend

I had a relaxing weekend. Friday I took Grandma for a ride past her old house in the afternoon. Then we all went out to the Royal Buffet for dinner. Grandma loves to go out to eat and we hadn't done it in a while.

It was a first for us at Royal Buffet, and I heartily recommend it. It's the best Chinese buffet that I've been to. They have sushi and a hibachi grill too, which I loved. (The hibachi - the sushi was so-so.)

I like the place so much that I went back with Peggy on Saturday night for dinner! She came over in the afternoon, we went to dinner, then to Davis's concert with the Akron Symphony Orchestra in the evening. Then the three of us went out for coffee afterwards.

I enjoyed the concert. The timpani concerto was particularly fun! My second favorite played was the second movement of Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony.

I got home around 1 am, then woke up about 6 and only dozed after that until it was time to get up Sunday morning. Grandma had decided that she wasn't going to go. (Same thing as last week, she stewed herself sick worrying over it.) I tried tapping on her. (Check out EFT.) But every time I tapped somewhere she jerked and said, "Oh dear." I wasn't quite sure how do be more effective with it!

When she saw we were really going to leave her there alone, she decided at the last minute (or last 5 minutes) to go. I know we've all been praying that she would all week, and I think God was really working on her heart.

We went out to lunch, since Grandma wanted to. And to try to associate good things with going to meeting on Sunday. I slept for two hours in the afternoon. And I stayed with Grandma through AWANA. I enjoyed the time with her. I played the piano badly. We sang hymns and I read aloud a while. (Killed my voice, reading so loud!) Two things that we both enjoy greatly. (Except for the dead voice part!) And it went by very quickly.

So ends a quiet weekend.

No comments: