Monday, February 13, 2006

Time Flies with Grandma!?

Wow! Can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I posted. Unpacking, working, and caring for Grandma have been filling up my time. I'm must be getting comfortable with her since today I'm on the computer while I'm talking to her.

"So who was working around here in the kitchen earlier?"

"That was Kathy, Grandma."

"Now are any of you Don's children?"

"Danny and I are Don and Kathy's children."

"Oh. Now Kathy is the one who was working around here this morning, right?"

"Yes, Grandma."

"She seemed to be doing all of the work around here for such a long time this morning."

"Well she was the only one home this morning, Grandma."

And this is about the third time that basic conversation has taken place! Oh, well. We love her. That helps lessen the frustration when she asks the same question for the tenth time in an afternoon. You just accept that that's Grandma and you can't expect something different.

Other things she remembers wonderfully well. She quoted Isaiah 53 to me three times last night! (We would continue talking about the chapter each time and she would forget that she just quoted it to me!)

And she remembers that there is a lot of snow outside.

("Now is Kathy Don's wife?" "Yes, Grandma." 46th time since arrival!)

No comments: