Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A New Opportunity

I've written and talked over the past year about my interest in gardening and nutrition through it. The Lord seems to be opening the way to start a market garden this year. I've applied for a class through the New Agrarian Center's City Fresh program.

Their Market Gardener Training Program teaches organic gardening/farming, small business skills, helps you find land, the assignments add up to your business plan by the end, includes the possibility of a start-up grant, and provides several hands on sessions at an organic farm in Oberlin. I'm pretty excited about it and mom and dad both think it's a good idea.

They're not quite so sure about my first year garden plans. Mom thinks I'm biting off more than I can chew, and Dad says he's exhausted thinking about it! (My paraphrase!) They're probably right, but I think part of what this class will do is help me figure out what I can handle on my own.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your prayers for the Lord's leading on starting this up. I have plenty of ideas, but I don't want to jump into them if they're not coming from Him.

No comments: